Welcome to Castle Place Practice, Tiverton
About Devon and Tiverton
Devon is a beautiful county. We have an abundance of opportunities to keep fit and healthy when we are able. Walking: whether it be along the canal paths, across moorland or coastal paths walks are always around the corner here in Devon. Water sports and local clubs offer activities from keep fit, to rugby to yoga and pilates. There is something for everyone. Picturesque market towns and villages, as well as historic cities such as Exeter are just a short distance away.
Tiverton is at the heart of mid-Devon and boasts a Castle, market town, canals, National Trust properties and beautiful countryside surroundings.
About the Practice
At Castle Place Practice we are co-located with Tiverton hospital. We believe in providing high quality personalised primary care. It is important to us for all our patients to know who their registered GP is and for their GP and nurses to be accessible. We work hard to provide a range of services as defined in our PMS contract with the local NHS Clinical Commissioning Group.
Your feedback about the site
Please have a look around the website and do send us some feedback. We can use your ideas to improve our online services and further develop the content of this site.
News for 2017
From Monday 9th January 2017 and Monday 16th January 2017 we are looking to make some behind the scenes changes to how we work at Castle Place Practice.
You might be aware from the national news that GP workload is very high and increasing. Unfortunately we too face these nationally recognised challenges.
We must look at some of the things we do here so that we try to maintain our level of service to patients, but equally as important is to look after our GPs, nurses and support teams.
We have listened to your feedback over the last year and are looking to manage the current and future challenges we face.
From the 9th / 16th January 2017 we are looking to:
- Introduce a telephone greeting message to inform patients of any news relevant to the practice
- At the request of our GPs, extend the support from receptionist to better inform the GPs of patient needs when booking appointments
- Encourage more patients to take up online tools such as Patient Access (17% of our patients do so far, we would like to see many more)
- Better use of our website for up to date news about clinics and other medical or practice information
- Release more appointments which you can book online
- Change the timing of appointment availability; we must move away from the 0830 rush of telephone calls. More appointments will become available throughout the week. We will still have some provision for on the day urgent appointments or absent GPs
- Together, our and your better planning will help ease the workload we place on the GPs and nurses
Main Telephone Number: 01884 252333
(Open Monday to Friday 8:30am - 6:30pm - Use for making appointments, test results and general queries)
Out of Hours Service: 111(For use when the practice is closed)
Your call will be answered by the 111 Service
(Site updated 18/01/2017)